History

 

The original PCMA building

The original PCMA building

 

Dr. Joseph Nishimoto, a General Practitioner, founded Pearl City Medical Associates, Inc. in the summer of 1957 in Pearl City, Hawaii. He was one of only a handful of physicians practicing in the Leeward area at the time. After several years in solo practice, pediatrician, Dr. Edward Kagihara joined him. Since that time, PCMA has steadily grown as a primary care medical group. It outgrew its longtime Pearl City location at 880 Kam Highway with eight doctors—five adult medicine physicians and three pediatricians and relocated in the summer of 1989 to its present location in the Pali Momi Medical Center’s Medical Office Building in Aiea to better serve its many patients.

Over the years, PCMA has grown with the Central and Leeward areas of Oahu and now, with 11 physicians— 6 internists and 5 pediatricians, continues to provide excellent medical care to its patients. PCMA looks forward to providing this level of medical care to the present and future generations of patients.

Dr. Joseph Nishimoto

 

Our mission is that we are committed to providing compassionate patient centered primary care of the highest quality in the nurturing family style that has always been our reputation. We intend to continuously be innovative in our processes, with the goal of obtaining maximum satisfaction among both patients and staff.

Our vision is to become a model health care organization that strives to deliver the ultimate in patient centered primary care, to provide a respectful work environment that allows all employees to continuously enhance their professional skills and satisfaction.